Question - Who Is This Site For?

You want to get involved in the Opencaching Network?
Antworten
DudleyGrunt

Obviously, it is primarily for the OpenCaching community admins, but I actually found this link in a public link on OC UK.  Is everyone here an admin / team member for one of the OC sites?

I got a note from CraigRat of Geocaching.AU.  He is interested in coorperation between some of the alternative sites, particularly in GPX file formatting.  Part of his e-mail reads,
I was wondering if you (and others in the OC network) have a site/forum that you all communicate thru?

What I wanted to do was try to open up a dialog between all the alternate listing sites to work out how to move things forward insofar as having unified API's/GPX's etc to encourage Application and Website developers to support our way of caching more. (Your non-gc GPX files actually use our format if you look in the file, but that 1.0 format is getting a bit old. We've now got a better 1.1 format but I think we can make it better to fit all sites)
Would it be OK for me to send him an invite to this forum?
DudleyGrunt

I've gone ahead and sent CraigRat the link for the site.
michasch
Micro
Micro

It's a public available forum...
oliver

[quote="DudleyGrunt"]
[/quote]

Thanks, good news :)

The focus of this forum is to talk about development of geocaching - in particular "the network" (opencaching). Having a common API and data formats for geocaching data access is an important part of the network.

We will create a private subforum for OC site admins and developers, where we can talk about internal things, that have not to be public at that moment.

We can also create a open or closed subforum for third party developers (focused on opencaching-API).
DudleyGrunt

[quote="oliver"]We will create a private subforum for OC site admins and developers, where we can talk about internal things, that have not to be public at that moment.
[/quote]

I'd been wondering about that.  Would be a good idea, I'm sure.  Obviously, anyon can search for, find and join here, but I was curious what intent was.
DudleyGrunt

Also, how do members here have thousands of post, but there only seems to be about 200 or posts on the forums?  ???
mic@
Vereinsmitglied
Vereinsmitglied

[quote="DudleyGrunt"]Also, how do members here have thousands of post, but there only seems to be about 200 or posts on the forums?  ???[/quote]
Even as a registered user You don´t see the whole forum.
For example we (=oc.de Team) have our own sub-forum which is some years old (started on another server) and
has been transferred to this place recently. So all the posting-counters were transferred too.
Zuletzt geändert von mic@ am 22.12.2010, 14:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
DudleyGrunt

Thanks.  Again, had a feeling that there was something I wasn't seeing.  Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.
DudleyGrunt

[quote="oliver"]
[quote="DudleyGrunt"]
[/quote]

Thanks, good news :)

The focus of this forum is to talk about development of geocaching - in particular "the network" (opencaching). Having a common API and data formats for geocaching data access is an important part of the network.

We will create a private subforum for OC site admins and developers, where we can talk about internal things, that have not to be public at that moment.

We can also create a open or closed subforum for third party developers (focused on opencaching-API).
[/quote]

Just thinking...maybe we should have a link to this forum on the OC.eu page, in that case.
mic@
Vereinsmitglied
Vereinsmitglied

[quote="DudleyGrunt"]maybe we should have a link to this forum on the OC.eu page, in that case.[/quote]
? ? ?
This link is already existing... just click on the oc-icon at http://www.opencaching.eu .
DudleyGrunt

[quote="mic@"]
? ? ?
This link is already existing... just click on the oc-icon at http://www.opencaching.eu .
[/quote]

:-[ Oh...I never noticed that was a link.  And it's definitely not identified as being a link to this developer forum.
Antworten