Geocache submitter

You want to get involved in the Opencaching Network?
Antworten
zaanhoeve

Hello,

I have good contact with [url=http://www.globalcaching.eu]http://www.globalcaching.eu[/url] it is a support site for all caching sites, so it will also support OC when the Dutch node is online.

The have develop the " Geocache Submitter" program, It is a program where you can make, ad and maintain your Geocaches (GC.COM). I have asked if they wane make it possible to make crosslisting, make, ad and  maintain caches possible in the program for OC. The are happy to do that but need info I cannot give as noop.

So who can take a look at it and help to make this possible. Programming will be done by them.

download geocache submitter: [url=http://www.globalcaching.eu/Downloads/_files/GeocacheSubmitter1_8_2_0.zip]http://www.globalcaching.eu/Downloads/_files/GeocacheSubmitter1_8_2_0.zip[/url]

translated options of the software:

This is an application for your geocaches on geocaching.com to create, maintain and submit them for publication. Other opportunities Geocache Submitter offers:

* Retrieve data from your current cache on geocaching.com
    * Local store and read the cache data
    * Creating a geocache at geocaching.com
    * Check for important points for the submission of a cache
    * Submit (save) from the geocache at geocaching.com
    * Additional note time per cache.
    * A WYSIWYG HTML editor for the cache description
    * Possibility to view the cache page in the browser
    * Simple waypoint editor
    * Waypoints plus connecting lines shown on map

This application is suitable for beginners as well advanced geocacher. You can complete your geocaches and offline edit and maintain once you're done send the data to geoacching.com.
n0x-f0x

For something like that for OC there has to be an interface.
I am not sure about one but I think we in Germany have one, but it is small and maybe buggy. (Well not travel bug but bug)

There were several request from developers, who wants to develop an app (e.g. for Iphone an Android) and the only thing I heard is, that the interface is to small jet to develop with that something.

But about all that I don't really know cause I am quiet new...
zaanhoeve

Wel what is think is that the developer wants info about login, how cross listing is done en structure how a user can automated make a new cache, load existing caches and change there cachelisting.

As said he will do the programming but needs info about structure so he knows what to program.
oliver

[quote="n0x-f0x"]I am not sure about one but I think we in Germany have one, but it is small and maybe buggy. (Well not travel bug but bug)[/quote]

? ? ?

About what interface do you write?
solar22

I think he mean the xml interface.

I'm currently work on an api interface for opencaching.de node.
currently its possible to request an token and to get an answer.
now i have to write the classes to get the data or to put the data into the database.

i think in 2 or 3 wekks its possible to present a alpha version.

greetings
solar22
oliver

[quote="solar22"]
I think he mean the xml interface.[/quote]

The current XML interface is not small and its not buggy ...
... but its read-only and specific to replication-scenarios.
n0x-f0x

[quote="oliver"]
[/quote]
Which is small for me, around 50% is missing (the write part)

[quote="solar22"]
I think he mean the xml interface.[/quote]
Yeah!
zaanhoeve

[quote="solar22"]
I think he mean the xml interface.

now i have to write the classes to get the data or to put the data into the database.

greetings
solar22
[/quote]

Will this usable for the geocachesubmitter inter grading OC caches?
oliver

[quote="n0x-f0x"]
[quote="oliver"]
[/quote]
Which is small for me, around 50% is missing (the write part)[/quote]

No - you dont know the concept behind it.
There is an "ocxml11client" that imports the data of other nodes to the own node.

But the existing XML interface is not the API that globalcaching.eu requires.

The interface that solar22 develops should meet the requirements.
OlofL

You can look at it from another perspective: So far webscraping is the only method to integrate to gc.com (even though there are rumours of an API). Webscraping on gc.com is awkward since they require you maintain information and repost it through the screens. Webscraping on oc.x would be peice of cake if you can maintain a cookie and as long as the site load is under the radar (that means that it doesn't cause any significant load on the server) no-one will care or be offended.
zaanhoeve

for the cachesubmitter you will fill in your account for gc.com. So the program will login on the site to communicate for the data.

Fot who is interested in the software the language Dutch and English are build in
Zuletzt geändert von zaanhoeve am 13.01.2011, 21:51, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
ErrolBunt

[quote="solar22"]
I think he mean the [url=http://www.ovierasolar.de]Photovoltaik[/url] interface.

greetings
solar22

[/quote]
Hello friend can you share out the alpha version? I know thread is bit old but I have been searching for it for a while so please help me out.
Zuletzt geändert von ErrolBunt am 05.02.2014, 11:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten