Game rules comparison?

You want to get involved in the Opencaching Network?
Antworten
opencaching.su

Hi all,

Some time ago sp2ong published a link to the Comparison of Geocaching services: http://coord.dafb-o.de/plattformen/vergleich.html

That's is actually great table. However, it is mostly focused on site features and limitations, like format of files to download (GPX or LOC), integration with map provider (Google or Openstreetmap),  notifications, search capabilities, etc.

I am interested in similar table, but focused on game rules and processes, not directly related to site services. For example, I heard some sites require the new cache is reviewed and approved prior to be listed. At GC there is a rule for minimal distance between caches, some requirements for the cache hider — it should live in that region to be able to maintain the cache. GC does not alow virtual caches (there were rumors they will get back soon), a cache must not be buried in ground, etc. Even in OC society there are some differences, some country- or language-specific rules.

Could we prepare similar table (or extend existing) for the game rules? I could prepare info about geocaching.su (this is NOT opencaching.su), and get some info about GC.com.
oliver

Would be great :)

Especially when we think about data exchange between the sites, the information of content license (CC, proprietary, no distribution) and such things would be interesting.
OlofL

Van de Bugger hat geschrieben: ...I am interested in similar table, but focused on game rules and processes, not directly related to site services. For example, I heard some sites require the new cache is reviewed and approved prior to be listed. At GC there is a rule for minimal distance between caches, some requirements for the cache hider — it should live in that region to be able to maintain the cache. GC does not alow virtual caches (there were rumors they will get back soon), a cache must not be buried in ground, etc.
An excellent idea!
Even in OC society there are some differences, some country- or language-specific rules.
Yes there are. And some time into the future we will probably need to address these differences so it would be excellent if we had a list. For example there are general placement rules beyond cacher's control in Sweden that aren't addressed in the rules for opencaching.de. A cacher placing a cache in Sweden and registering it on german opencaching.de could then place it in a way that would be against the swedish law which would be bad for everybody.
cochcrony

Having certain things makes it more interesting..
biboleck30

Well the idea sounds perfectly allright.
My proposal to it is: Let us collect the specific rules of our OC nodes at first in a thread in this forum. Then we might have a look at it together to point out the differences. I think that due to differences in languages and legacy that there are differences. And you as insider of your node know them at its best.
Antworten