OpenCaching Nodes for Android

You want to get involved in the Opencaching Network?
Antworten
sp2ong

OpenCaching for Android is the first geocaching application for Android which has full support for OC Nodes, that are the largest global network of websites which give access to thousands of geocaches.

https://market.android.com/details?id=p ... FjaGluZyJd
mic@
Vereinsmitglied
Vereinsmitglied

[quote="sp2ong"]OpenCaching for Android is the first geocaching application for Android which has full support for OC Nodes...[/quote]

But only for three sites yet:

# Currently supported sites:
# - opencaching.pl
# - opencaching.us
# - opencaching.org.uk
oliver

I think the android app depends on OKAPI-project and only these site are compatible with OKAPI until now.
sp2ong

Yes most developers which create application for Android support OC Nodes which use common one API interface. It is easy for developers when API has good documentations and it is look Wojtek main developer OKAPI done good work for developers of applications. It will be fine when OD DE join to "OKAPI club" :-) and after this other OC Nodes which base on OC DE code will be support by applications OC Nodes on Android. I hope in short time maybe GC Buddy 4OC will be on Android which now support OC Nodes with OKAPI
oliver

Yesterday, i managed to handle OAuth-handshake with my test-client.

Now i can continue testing and make a list of incompatibilities with oc.de.
When this list is fixed, i can install OKAPI.
sp2ong

Ok Oliver it is good news  :)
wrygiel

I just stubled upon this topic :) Haven't seet it before.

Just a word on OKAPI integration. I designed it in such a way, that the easiest way to FIND all the incompatibilities is to just RUN the code. After external developers start using it, OKAPI will start to send detailed error messages to the admins. Then I just take the message and fix the problem.

I know that some developers wouldn't recommend such a method of introducing new code, but still - I just like to do this this way. ;)

BTW, I'm online until 6-th of February. Can help with the setup (which is easy; once you have PHP 5.3, of course).
oliver

Still no PHP 5.3 here :(

But i tested all code and identified some points where oc.de needs to modify a little bit.

Error reporting is well!
It helped me a lot.

Actual (last) problems:
* PHP 5.3 (requires new virtual server)
* some business rules - we have different validation routines. Could be possible to get caches or log caches via OKAPI where the user is not allowed via HTML-frontend
* terms of use
Antworten