Nothern Opencaching sites

You want to get involved in the Opencaching Network?
ra_sch
Micro
Micro

From my eMail conversation with OlofL I would assume that he likely will not invest in this project. Do we already have a database export from oc.se/oc.no? How many caches and logs are we talking about?
following

[quote="ra_sch"]
Do we already have a database export from oc.se/oc.no?
[/quote]

No.

As far as I remember, they had ~ 50-100 non-GC caches, probably at really nice locations. About the same number as we have in Italy, which is supported with a localized website.

I think the data import would be a few days of work on our side. But this would make sense only if we can address the SE/NO community, which would need a translation (parts could be reused from the se/no code, which forked from OC.de in 2010). Olof had planned to do the translation, but I think he did not start it.
ra_sch
Micro
Micro

Than I fear at least the import is doomed anyway. If I undertood OlofL correctly did the oc.se server crash, and its administrator (technical) had not made an attempt to recover the database...
So it would be really rather the community, which would mean translation, domains and a campaign to get some visibility. I could try to contribute some new caches in Sweden this summer...
following

I have cancelled the Sweden/Norway migration tasks in the Redmine issue tracker.
Antworten