Using OC Logo's for GxProxy.com coins

Ideas and plans to talk about
Antworten
Coffee Peddlers

Good morning George,

Please find attached the two different versions of your logo as they might appear on a 1.25" SigMarx signature coin.  I included both the .US version and the main version, but do I need to seek permission for the main?  Do you know anyone I could contact if so?  I appreciate any help you could offer.  In the meanwhile please feel free to use the images however you like.  There would of course be slightly different art for the larger 1.75" RepliCoins, but only in that the outside textring for GxProxy would change and would not affect your logo placement.  Thanks - Chris

Sincerely,
Christian Mackey, C.D.
As a way of promoting Opencaching.us we are going to have our logo as an back option on GxProxy coins. Two things have come up that I wanted to check in here first regarding.

First is his request for high res logo images, Do we have them and if so where I can get them to forward onto Chris.
Second is his question regarding the main Opencaching logo. What are the terms and conditions as far as using the standard Opencaching logo?

Below are the samples pics he sent me using the low res images he had.

[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/TequilaSnG/xxxxx.jpg[/img]
Zuletzt geändert von Coffee Peddlers am 29.09.2011, 23:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
oliver

Do you want to promote opencaching.com?
The second logo is the one of them?!
Coffee Peddlers

Sorry NO we are not promoting .com.... I will remove that pic. I will email him back to make it clear that we are not involved with .com

But what are the rules regarding the standard logo
oliver

Well, the OC-logo is not available for merchandise selling.
DudleyGrunt

Haven't been on here for a little while and going through reviewing recent content.

Can you clarify?  Are you saying the OC logo can NOT be used on merchandise (to be sold)?  Who is the trademark holder?  I know OCUK has sold Pathtags, patches, and (I believe) other items.  At OCUS/OCNA, we've done patches.  Is this forbidden?  I'd understood from RVRoadTrip that the logo was open for use.

Thanks.
oliver

The logo can be used by opencaching sites on a non-commercial base.

Merchandise items selling is commercial.
DudleyGrunt

Who owns the logo?  Can you point me to the appropriate "Terms of Use"?

Thanks.
Zuletzt geändert von DudleyGrunt am 17.01.2012, 20:48, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
oliver

[quote="DudleyGrunt"]
Who owns the logo?  Can you point me to the appropriate "Terms of Use"?
[/quote]

The logo is owned by "opencaching.de" and was created and improved by various team members.
If you want to have a logo for making money, you should create an own one.
DudleyGrunt

So, you aren't aware of any published Terms of Use for the logo?  I'll check on the with the OC.de forums.

I believe what we are interested in is...

1) getting OCUS / OCNA "branded" merchandise in the hands of our users to help spread the word
2) not having to pay for said merchandise out of our pockets
3) maybe raising a little money to help maintain and improve the site.

We're not trying to get rich on the creative efforts of those who added a sun outline to the generic open source geocaching "G".

Either RVRoadTrip misunderstood the conditions or I misunderstood what he attempted to convey to me.

I've already suggested to Coffee Peddlers that we may want to create a specific logo for OpenCaching North America, so we can try to accomplish the above goals. 

Thanks.
oliver

[quote="DudleyGrunt"]
So, you aren't aware of any published Terms of Use for the logo?[/quote]

Unitl now, there are no general guidelines published (or written).
All users that use the logo have a generic/personal license to use it in non-commercial purpose in the context of running an OC site.

Because the german team gets reorganized at the moment, i cannot give you special usage rights.
Maybe the new team will create that general logo usage guidelines ...

... my suggestion is to think about an own logo, where you have the copyright ... waiting for the new teams decision may take some time ...
DudleyGrunt

Any update? 

I just ordered a really nice OC logo shirt from FTFshop.eu, which seems to be primarily oriented to the OpenCaching community.  They have a lot of original designs, but also have plenty of items with the main OC logo.

Dave
Antworten